Where the hampster wheel always turns

About Me

My photo
Middle aged underweight high school graduate
____________________________
"It is not advisable James to venture unsolicited opinions. You should spare yourself the embarrassing discovery of their exact value to your listener." - Francisco d'Anconia, Atlas Shrugged
"The soundest way to raise revenues in the long run is to cut taxes now." - John F. Kennedy
____________________________



I received an e-mail today that said “in 9 minutes something will make you happy.” I’m watching the clock, and I’m also trying to consider what it could be. It’s 1:01 p.m. so I’ll keep you updated.

Waiting for happiness is potentially a waste of time. My dog, Sanook, is staring out the window right now just waiting for something to happen. His list of options is pretty limited: bird fly-by, lizard scurry and if he’s really lucky the pool guy will show up. It’s not looking good for him.

Distracted by my constant glances Sanook becomes self-conscious, as dogs do, and wanders over to me. I scratch his back, he smiles, as dogs do. His fulfillment couldn’t be fuller.

It’s 1:10 and I realize, it’s a glorious day. The earnestness of Sanook's watch makes me smile. I’m completely happy.

Wow, those e-mails really do come true!!

0 responses to "Waiting for Happiness"

Leave a Reply