Where the hampster wheel always turns

About Me

My photo
Middle aged underweight high school graduate
____________________________
"It is not advisable James to venture unsolicited opinions. You should spare yourself the embarrassing discovery of their exact value to your listener." - Francisco d'Anconia, Atlas Shrugged
"The soundest way to raise revenues in the long run is to cut taxes now." - John F. Kennedy
____________________________

I no less care someone’s chromosomal configuration than I do their hair color. What matters is the kind of person they are and how they wield the power they have. Feminists have long confused power with title. Real power does not come from a cabinet appointment, name on the door, fancy business cards - these are opportunities. Real power, as Ronald Reagan showed us, comes from the ability to influence, communicate and bring about good in the world. We don’t talk adoringly about Reagan today simply because of his list of accomplishments. We miss him because he made his ideas plain, tangible and powerful. We miss him because he articulated his ideas in such a way they easily became our ideas.

The feminist movement has done much to harm and obfuscate women’s real power. It has disoriented a generation of capable, wise women into putting on their snappy pantsuits and defining themselves by how much they resemble their tie-wearing counterparts. They have torn a great divide between the sexes, seeing the XY’s as the enemy, the oppressor and the paycheck as the end goal. Rather than choosing to influence the world for good, the feminist movement has chosen to influence the world for itself.

When I wake up in the morning, I don’t reflect on who else I want to be like, who I want to be better than, or who I want to be the boss of. I am the boss of me. As my boss, I wield my power to become wiser, increase clarity in my life, lift those around me, become sufficient. I want to be fighting the right war. It is not against the men around me. I need them as my ally. The war I fight is against the destruction of the family. The putrification of society. The premature end of childhood and the rotting of our national soul. Anyone who joins me in this war is my ally, regardless of how they put on their pants.

Tis not in mortals to command success, but we’ll do more, Sempronius, we’ll deserve it. - Cato, Joseph Addison

I will enter upon the momentous duty, and exert every power I possess in their service and for the support of the glorious cause. - George Washington

0 responses to "Penis Envy is a Waste of a Perfectly Good Day"

Leave a Reply