Where the hampster wheel always turns

About Me

My photo
Middle aged underweight high school graduate
____________________________
"It is not advisable James to venture unsolicited opinions. You should spare yourself the embarrassing discovery of their exact value to your listener." - Francisco d'Anconia, Atlas Shrugged
"The soundest way to raise revenues in the long run is to cut taxes now." - John F. Kennedy
____________________________

If you're a loyal reader you've followed our family's forays in the animal kingdom. You're familiar with our Goldendoodle who is part monkey. Opening doors, walking himself with his leash in his mouth and playing pranks on the neighborhood dogs by putting one paw atop an operating sprinkler only to jump off as unsuspecting lesser canines approach - spraying them in the snout. I swear, he can gut laugh.

You've followed my run in with the swarm of potentially Africanized honeybees. My battle with my nemesis fruit fly. Jimmy the bearded dragon, and yes, they are very tricky to shave. And coupled with Jimmy's arrival there were the cricket escapades. Needless to say, our interaction with the animal kingdom has not always gone smoothly.

Frequent readers know I do everything I can in my power to make things equal for my children. For the last few months, we've been having trouble in the ranks because of our unequal animal to human distribution. I have the dog. Unnamed child #1 and #3 have the bearded dragon, but Unnamed child #2 has nothing.

Being a middle child, this child often gets overlooked. So when they repeatedly request, cajole, beg and incessantly plead for their own pet, in the name of equity, justice and fairness, of course I eventually give in. (OK, they wore me down).

Finding the right pet has, thankfully taken a few months. We've searched high an low for the perfect new addition to the family. They wanted a cat, but due to extreme allergies in the family, that was never going to happen. I have to hand it to #2, they have found the perfect pet. Non-shedding, hygeinic, obedient and will eventually live in a container. Right now, it's living in the bathtub of the guest room, and we're working on a name. So far we're leaning toward "Linus". Here are some photos:




For more on where he came from: click here

8 responses to "Our New Pet"

  1. Sushi

    Anonymous

  2. Where do you even get something like that?

    Karinabot

  3. After looking on wikipedia I feel much more comfortable that they are more fans of cold water and they won't crawl up my leg next time I'm in Rocky Point...

    Karinabot

  4. You should be safe in Rocky Point, but I do believe they inhabit the Salt Lake...

    Aselin

  5. Hahahha. What doesn't inhabit The Salt Lake?

    Karinabot

  6. eewe eewe, eewe, eewe!

    Katie

  7. April Fools!!

    bdrain

  8. If that's not an April Fools joke, I would like to respectfully request to be removed as a follower. For the love of everything good and holy, let it be a joke.

    Chad in the AZ Desert

    Anonymous

Leave a Reply