Where the hampster wheel always turns

About Me

My photo
Middle aged underweight high school graduate
____________________________
"It is not advisable James to venture unsolicited opinions. You should spare yourself the embarrassing discovery of their exact value to your listener." - Francisco d'Anconia, Atlas Shrugged
"The soundest way to raise revenues in the long run is to cut taxes now." - John F. Kennedy
____________________________

I have always had great friends. I attract interesting people with a variety of life backgrounds and experiences. I’ve also found that because I have such a warped and demented past they feel completely comfortable sharing their idiosyncrasies with me.

Fair enough you say, since I do post a series of, well, let’s call them “expanding” experiences on my blog for all the world to see. (All 26 of you).

But I do wonder how some of the topics they share come up. What sort of stream of consciousness brings us from talking about tasty dinner rolls to wearing pleather?

Most people of discretion have never come into contact with pleather, but for those refined of you who don’t know to what I am referring, pleather is the fashion equivalent of naugahyde meets patent leather. Now imagine this combo in a skin tight pair of pants. Now imagine the person next to you wearing those pants. You see how hard my life is.

It’s a challenge to look someone in the eye after they’ve shared a pleather experience with you. Yet, strangely, I embrace these eccentricities and want more details.

My cousin posted on her Facebook page last week that she had a relative who had an accident with a stripper pole. I’m dying to know which relative this is, and no, it wasn’t me. But who doesn’t want the details of that story? After reading this little blurb I lay awake bemusing the fact I wanted to know everything about what and how it happened, and I wished I had been there. I would have gladly wheeled her into the emergency room delighting to explain every detail to anyone who wanted to know. I mean, how often does a story like this come along?

Well, actually, in my life... rather often.

I keep a list of ideas for future writings, the list is pretty extensive. Sharing just a few that have yet to be fleshed out: Transgendered Cotillion, Reunion Streak, Loogie Dodging, Selective Blindness, Gunpoint at Walgreens, and a Jesus Sighting in Texas.

So I suppose tomorrow I should go out and buy a pair of pleather pants and sign up for a stripper pole aerobics class just to keep my life interesting.

1 response to "Keepin' it Interesting"

  1. There's a great dedication to her husband at the front of Jeannette Walls' 'The Glass Castle' -- 'To John, for convincing me that everyone who is interesting has a past.'

    Keep writing.

    Miranda J

Leave a Reply