Where the hampster wheel always turns

About Me

My photo
Middle aged underweight high school graduate
____________________________
"It is not advisable James to venture unsolicited opinions. You should spare yourself the embarrassing discovery of their exact value to your listener." - Francisco d'Anconia, Atlas Shrugged
"The soundest way to raise revenues in the long run is to cut taxes now." - John F. Kennedy
____________________________

Welcome “Dare to Dream” readers who have just read my post “Daddy’s Girl”. I am so honored to be chosen as a guest writer for the Dare to Dream blog.

My little blog was started as a late night dare that involved a headlock and some crying. Since then, I’ve been surprised and excited at the response that my musings have received. I’m so grateful for anyone that would spend a little chunk of their day with me - so thank you!

If you care to read more, some of the reader favorites are collected under the tag “A Favorite.” Whitney and Macy highly recommend Mammo-gram. In keeping with the parenting theme "Happy Mother's Day" may also interest you. “Expanding” gathers some funny, some painful experiences from my past and present. During the school year I post daily Monday through Friday. Summer has been more sporadic with travel and limited access to technology.

Thank you for any feedback, comments or ideas. Like the banner says, the hamster wheel in my head is always turning.

Particularly on this Father’s Day I pray you are fortunate enough to spend some time honoring your father, grandfather, father-figures. I can’t imagine my life without the powerful, kind, wise and loving influences of the great men in my life. First and foremost my own father, but as I reflect on the person I’ve become I can’t help but acknowledge many, many men who have honored their role as father’s and enriched my life.

We are in a world who is diluting the need for fathers. I only hope that more of us take the time to acknowledge that the world is best when little boys grow up to become great fathers. My own son is the proud owner of the best role model possible.

Happy Father’s Day and God bless you.

Aselin

2 responses to "Happy Father's Day"

  1. So glad you did the guest post on "Dare to Dream". I loved reading it again. Such a great tribute to your dad. And I love what you posted here.

    Macy

  2. Aselin --

    There are some really great response to your post on 'My Daddy's Girl'. I think you could write a pretty interesting Blog/Letter to the Editor at the Globe and Mail, quoting from those responses...

    My best,

    Whitney

    Whitney

Leave a Reply