Where the hampster wheel always turns

About Me

My photo
Middle aged underweight high school graduate
____________________________
"It is not advisable James to venture unsolicited opinions. You should spare yourself the embarrassing discovery of their exact value to your listener." - Francisco d'Anconia, Atlas Shrugged
"The soundest way to raise revenues in the long run is to cut taxes now." - John F. Kennedy
____________________________

I've always imagined I would have a nemesis. The yin to my yang. As a pre-teen I would walk about a mile to school each day. During the walk I would create different stories about people who lived in homes I passed, concoct different adventures I was on, and give identities to the people in the cars that passed. These people were all fascinating. They had glamorous interesting lives and many of them also had nemesises.

What is the plural of nemesis? Nemesises? Nemi? Nemesissies? Oh well.

My problem with my personal nemesis is that while I've always known I would have one, I also imagined I would be the dominant of the pair. The reality of my relationship with her is that not only am I not the dominant of the two, but I'm really the commercial during her favorite show. I'm the gnat on her windshield, the microbe under her fingernail. It's not fun to be irrelevant in the contest between us. She's at 677 followers, I'm 19. Sigh.

Today she's announcing a giveaway. How can I compete with free stuff? I LOVE free stuff. I'm tempted to become one of her followers so I can compete for the free stuff!. I can't even imagine keeping you from the opportunity to have free stuff... here she is http://www.remembermoments0823.blogspot.com/

Sigh.

I'll just have to resign myself to the fact that more people are interested in free stuff and lists of whether or not she drinks soda from a straw.

So my 19 loyal readers, in the sprit of the republic that this blog aspires to be, would you like me to answer lists of lists? Or do you prefer the random musings of an overactive brain?

Maybe I could give away "The Van"...

4 responses to "Nemesis Update"

  1. Your blog is sooooooooooo much better than hers. Keep writing your "random musings of your overactive brain". If I want lists, I'll go to facebook. Linda

    Linda White

  2. Thank you Linda. You win the Van.

    Aselin

  3. Her blog didn't teach me anything OR make me laugh out loud even once. It sucked. Pardon my language. Quality matters more than quantity when it comes to followers...just ask Socrates. I think you had better choose a new nemesis because this one is just not worthy of you.

    otrustme

  4. Ha! Great post. I totally understand the blog nemesis issue.

    Ethan

Leave a Reply